Protective Packaging MARKET: Summary
The Global Protective Packaging Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 39.7 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 3.9%.
Protective packaging is used across various industries such as automotive, appliance, electronics, aerospace, pharmaceutical, food & beverages, and others. Protective packaging materials are being used to safeguard and shield of the core product from damages during storage and transportation. It be created of anything from corrugated paper cartons to the most complex die-cut assembled into a steel rack. Depending upon product end-use application protective packaging can be either used for primary packaging or secondary packaging. Keeping product fresh longer, preventing breakage and wear and tear, making shipper easier, and others are some of the benefits of protective packaging which makes it important in packaging.
Protective Packaging MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
• Growing E-Commerce Sector
Consumer inclination towards online purchases is the key factor in boosting the e-commerce sector. This can be attributed to various factors such as higher discounts, increasing disposable income, availability of better products at the doorstep, and others. The packaging is one of the key concerns in the e-commerce industry as the product needs to be shipped across the globe and products need to be handled properly. Thus, inefficient processes or packaging can increase shipping cost and return rates which can result in negative customer feedback. However, the use of protective packaging for protecting shipment from getting damage. Thus, the growing e-commerce sector coupled with packaging concern is expected to boost the growth of the protective packaging market.
• Increasing Demand Form Food and Beverage Packaging
The food & beverage industry is experiencing rapid growth during the forecasted period owing to an increase in the standard of living, increase disposable income, rise in packed ready to eat food, and others. Packaging plays an important role in the food & beverage industry where protective packaging helps to protect the products from external damage while storage and shipment, additionally to also increase the shelf life of the product. Additionally, visible light energy and ultraviolet affect the quality of food. Some of the components in food get effects from light energy which degrades the nutrient value and change in sensory characteristics. However, the light barrier or interference properties of packaging materials should be considered when required in the industry. Thus, an increase in the food & beverage sector is expected to drive the market growth owing to properties of protective packaging it is expected to increase
• Environmental Concerns regarding Recycling of Packaging Material
Protective packaging has helped to safeguard and shield the product during transportation and storage. Various types of materials are used for protective packaging are foam plastic, paper & paperboard, plastics, and others. Plastic is one of the core ingredients used in various packaging. The plastic industry rarely uses recycled plastics in the vast majority of their products. Plastics and their byproducts are littering cities, oceans, and waterways, and contributing to health problems in humans and animals as well as rising environmental issues. Thus, rising environmental concerns regarding non-recycling material may hinder the growth of the product market.
Protective Packaging market: Key segments
• Based on material type: Foam, Paper & Paperboard, Foam, Plastic, and Others
• Based on product type: Flexible, Rigid, and Foam
• Based on function type: Void-fill, Insulation, Wrapping, Cushioning, and Others
• Based on end-user: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Food & Beverages, and Others.
• Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Protective Packaging MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the protective packaging market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Report Features Specifics
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years 2019-2027
Base Year for Market Calculation 2019
Forecasted Period 2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Measured Units Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Segments Included Material Type, Product Type, Function, End-User
Regional Coverage North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
• Intertape Polymer Group (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
• Sealed Air
• Sonoco Products Company
• Smurfit Kappa
• DS Smith
• Pregis LLC
• Riverside Paper Co. Inc.
• Pro-Pac Packaging Limited
• STOROPACK HANS REICHENECKER GMBH
• Other Key Companies
Protective Packaging MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Protective Packaging Market, by Material Type
• Paper & Paperboard
Protective Packaging Market, by Product Type
Protective Packaging Market, by Function
Protective Packaging Market, by End-User
• Consumer Electronics
• Food & Beverages
Protective Packaging Market, by Region
• North America
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
o Rest of Europe
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
• South America
o Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
• What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
• What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
• What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
• What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
• What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
• Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
• How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
• Protective Packaging Market Providers
• Protective Packaging Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
• End-Users of Varied Segments of Protective Packaging Market
• Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
• Associations and Industrial Organizations
• Research & Consulting Service Providers
• Research & Development Organizations
• Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Protective Packaging MARKET STUDY