INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS SECURITY MARKET: Summary
The Global Industrial Control Systems Security Market is projected to reach a value of USD 24.21 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 7.1%.
The industrial control system is a type of control system that is used for monitoring industrial processes. The ICS security involves the security and safekeeping industrial control system as well as the software and hardware, used in operating and controlling machinery. Industrial control systems are used in devices or machinery across various industries throughout the globe. It helps to controls and manages the various power plants, HVAC installations, and even cell doors of a prison. The global industrial control systems security market is rising with the increasing incidents of cyber-attacks. However, the complexity in installing and upgrading is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS SECURITY MARKET: Market Dynamics
• Counter to Increasing Incidents of Cyber-Attacks
o The increasing incidents of cyber-attacks lead to play a significant role in the industrial control systems security market. As the digital transformation is growing within the industrial environment, cybersecurity is becoming more important across the industries
o In August 2019, the Government had announced two initiatives to help advance Canada's National Cyber Security Strategy. The release of a National Cyber Security Action Plan and the re-launching of the Cyber Security Cooperation Program with USD 10.3 million over five years to support initiatives in cybersecurity in Canada.
o On October 2020, the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) had launched a new code of ethics for incident response and security teams on Global Ethics Day
o In 2017, cybersecurity company FireEye had published a report on cyber threats called APT33. As per the FireEye analysis, APT33 is a capable group that had carried out cyber-espionage operations since 2013
o In November 2020, the Hexagon had acquired ICS cybersecurity firm PAS Global. With the combination of PAS and Hexagon, it will lead to creating benefit for the customer to get the real-time situation awareness in the control room, cybersecurity risk management, as well as industrial digital transformation. Hence these factors will lead to fuel the growth of the market in the forecast period.
• Convergence of IT and OT Networks
• Rising Adoption of IIoT
• Complexity in Installing and Upgrading
INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS SECURITY MARKET: Key Segments
• The industrial control systems security market is majorly segmented into components, solutions, services, security type, and end-user.
• On the basis of components, the market is sub-segmented into solutions and services.
• On the basis of solution, the market is bifurcated into Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), Identity and Access Management (IAM), Antivirus, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), SCADA Encryption, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Unified Threat Management (UTM) and others.
• On the basis of services, the market is divided into integration and consulting support and maintenance, and training and development.
• On the basis of security type, the market is divided into network security, service security, endpoint security, and database security.
• On the basis of end-user, the market is bifurcated into automotive, chemical, power and utilities, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, oil and gas, and others. The automotive segment is expected to hold the largest share in the forecast period. As the field devices such as ICS, sensor, and robotics is creating major opportunities for the auto industries to reach faster to the market demand as well as to boost the efficiency and helps to minimize the manufacturing downtime.
INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS SECURITY MARKET: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share, with the growing investment in Research and Development (R&D) activities lead to the development of new technologies in the ICS security market in the region. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate, with the growing industrial automation in the economies such as China, Japan, and India lead to fuel the growth of the market in the forecast period.
INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS SECURITY MARKET: Report Scope
The report on the industrial control systems security market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent, and current market trends. furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered, and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Report Features Specifics
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years 2018-2027
Historical Year 2018 & 2019
Base Year 2020
Forecasted Period 2021-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Measured Units Value (USD Million)
Segments Included Component, Solution, Services, Security Type and End-User
Regional Coverage Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
• ABB Ltd. (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
• BAE Systems
• Cisco Systems, Inc.
• FireEye, Inc.
• Fortinet Inc
• Lockheed Martin Corporation
• Palo Alto Networks, Inc.
• Raytheon Technologies Corporation
• Other Key Companies
INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS SECURITY MARKET: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Industrial Control Systems Security Market, by Component
Industrial Control Systems Security Market, by Solution
• Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
• Identity and Access Management (IAM)
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
• SCADA encryption
• Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
• Unified Threat Management (UTM)
Industrial Control Systems Security Market, by Service
• Integration and Consulting
• Support and Maintenance
• Training and Development
Industrial Control Systems Security Market, by Security Type
• Network Security
• Service Security
• Endpoint Security
• Database Security
Industrial Control Systems Security Market, by End-User
• Power and Utilities
• Food and Beverage
• Oil and Gas
Industrial Control Systems Security Market, by Region
o North America
o Latin America
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
o Rest of Europe
• Middle East & Africa
o Middle East
Key Questions Answered By The Report
• What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
• What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
• What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
• What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
• What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
• Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
• How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
• Industrial Control Systems Security Market Providers
• Industrial Control Systems Security Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
• End-Users of Industrial Control Systems Security Market
• Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
• Associations and Industrial Organizations
• Research & Consulting Service Providers
• Research & Development Organizations
• Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS SECURITY MARKET STUDY